The steel industry relies heavily on shipping and transportation. Extreme care and timely shipments of raw materials such as coal and iron ore are required to continue production for steel manufacturers.
The big number of global steel trading companies that prefer Khaas Logistics when it comes to shipping their commodity, do so because we treat steel as high-value cargo. When it comes to stowage, dunnage, loading and cargo care, we do not accept anything less than perfect.
It is common knowledge that steel and steel construction are often an intermediate product that needs to be delivered in perfect condition to ensure durability and strength in further processing. Khaas Logistics provides safe and reliable ocean services as well as full door-to-door solutions for all kinds of steel products without the need for special packaging or container size restrictions.
The combination of our tailored equipment and flexible vessels ensure a smooth voyage for our clients’ products… be they high, tall or heavy. Clients’ goods are secured on the right equipment, rolled gently onto the vessel and securely stowed in the cargo hold, protected from the elements during their journey to the end-customer.
Loading, stowing and discharging cargo are delicate operational procedures that demand both experienced personnel as well as purpose-built equipment. Whatever our clients’ shipping needs, we go all out to supply the equipment necessary to ensure that we handle cargo in the safest and most efficient manner possible. If the equipment does not exist to handle a client’s specific cargo, we go out of our way to design a customized solution.
When steel traders approach us, these are the boxes they check and always find that we tick:
- Certified to handle and transport precious cargo, ensuring proper packing, labeling, cargo segregation and transportation
- Access to a global network of freight forwarders
- Around-the-clock tracking of shipments
- Management of import and export documentation for steel products
- Exceptional customer service by our experienced staff
- Transport cargo by land, air, water or multimodal transportation
- Management of transportation permitting
- Experts in heavy haul & project cargo management