In resource-rich South Africa, Khaas Logistics’ services have been used for numerous major developments or upgrades in the mining regions of Rustenburg, Steelpoort and Phalaborwa in recent years.
What makes us the go-to-guy for the mining industry is our competitive door-to-door solutions when we connect the minerals extraction industries with customer markets around the world. Working right across the supply chain, we have provided international freight forwarding and logistics services to those mining companies that rely on receiving the right equipment on-time.
The mining industry faces logistics challenges such as moving copper, silver, iron or other mined products from remote mining sites. They also face the challenge of requiring transport for heavy mining equipment to and from remote sites which adds expense and complications that the other industries do not have to deal with.
Khaas Logistics assists these companies in saving cost and managing cargo insurance and freight tracking. Multimodal transportation is often required to move mining equipment on and offsite as well as to ship the product out to customers from remote destinations. Over the years, we have gained a lot of experience in handling such heavy haul and project cargo through multimodal transport.
In accordance with the organization of international and local goods transports, the services we offer include export, import and transit previous and/or subsequent to the sea transport of containers, railway and car transport on "door to door" principle. We operate road transport of containers across South Africa and other countries in the southern African region, namely Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia and Mozambique.
We are a door-to-door provider and focus is on tailor-made intermodal solutions. With our know-how and experience, we find the most effective ways of transporting your goods, fulfilling your requirements as far as price, quality and reliability are concerned.
When mining companies approach us, these are the boxes they check and always find that we tick:
- Management of cargo insurance
- Multimodal transportation options
- Personnel certified to deal with hazardous materials & dangerous goods
- Specialized in industrial shipping
- Experts in the movement of oversized or OOG shipments, including heavy mining equipment
- Access to 24/7 tracking portal
- Ability to transport cargo to remote destinations
- Management of import & export documentation
- Access to a global network of freight forwarders
- Experts in heavy haul & project cargo management for transporting large equipment
- Excellent customer service
- Turnkey transportation solutions for heavy equipment & machinery