The South African railway industry is experiencing one big phenomenon at the moment: growth. The industry’s inadequate state in the last decade has posed a challenge in meeting the requirements for rapid infrastructure development to support the country’s urbanisation and economic growth. A number of big projects have sprung up in the past few years where both freight and passenger locomotives are either imported or manufactured. Khaas Logistics has been part of that revolution - handling the movement of freight from different parts of the world to manufacturing plants and workshop facilities.
We liaise with our network of carriers and experts to cover all supply chain methods. With international relationships forged over many years, our transport freight solutions are trusted and reliable. There is no freight too big, too heavy, too difficult or too remote for Khaas Logistics to handle. We are a freight forwarding company that runs our own transport fleet, because we understand how important it is to provide on time transport with real time tracking.
Our involvement in the locomotives engineering industry has given us expertise in handling all types of machinery and manufacturing apparatus. We offer bespoke solutions with the backing of extensive experience in providing logistics support for all kinds of deliverables, from small parts and devices to huge machinery and gizmos that are used in manufacturing locomotives.
When locomotive industry traders approach us, these are the boxes they check and always find that we tick:
- Certified to handle and transport precious cargo, ensuring proper packing, labelling, cargo segregation and transportation
- Access to a global network of freight forwarders
- Around-the-clock tracking of shipments
- Management of import and export documentation for locomotive parts and machinery
- Exceptional customer service by our experienced staff
- Transport cargo by land, air, water or multimodal transportation
- Management of transportation permitting
- Experts in heavy haul & project cargo management